So I mentioned previously that our shelter fell. We found a nice 5th wheel RV that we are going to make a permanent fixture on our property. In order to make it permanent, we needed to start with a concrete pad for it to sit on. This will help keep it from settling out. We started with detailed drawings of the dimensions so we would know where to put the pads.
The previous weekend, the whole family was out at Waterfall digging holes, placing forms, mixing and pouring concrete. It was such hard work, that we didn’t take any photos. There is nothing like mixing over 1,000 pounds of concrete by hand in a bucket and pouring it to make you too tired to take photos. In addition to all of the concrete, we cut out a ton of brush and trimmed a tree. I knew that if the guy driving the delivery truck didn’t like the conditions, they would just turn around and I wasn’t having any of that.
It took many tries of back and forth before the delivery guy got the camper placed 95% of where we wanted it. From there, we put down the supports and disconnected it. This is the permanent home as its not ever moving again. We have nothing to move it with and as time goes on, it’ll be more obvious that the camper is a landmark!
We didn’t take long to enjoy it before heading back to work for the day, but I did manage to take out a light bulb to figure out what size it was. Since we’ll be off the grid, I want to get more efficient LED bulbs to save power!
I know I’m cheating time a bit, but here are some photos after it was a bit more setup.